Another trip to the great saints in Nyabondo.
This time President Okila went with us and we had a
good meeting.
I taught how to pray and Elder Moon also instructed
about the Church.
We also divided and I spoke to the sisters about
service and ways to keep peace in the community
of the Church. Women can do so much!!
I aklso brought with me the pictures we took when
Brian left to serve a mission in Zimbabwe.
His mother was so glad to have them and the rest
of the sisters were also anxious to see them!!
Brian's mother is on the right of the picture.
Still looking at the pictures!
They all wanted to pose when I pulled out the camera!!
Some of the children at the meeting.
Today they had cassava peeled, cut and laid out to dry
in the sun. After it is dried they take it to the grinder
and have it ground into flour to make porridge.
Not having seen cassava before it was a treat for us
to something new. These are the plants.
The root is the part that is eaten. It also has poisonous
toxins so they must be peeled (a dark brown skin)
and then must be cooked before eating.
The leaves are sometimes also eaten but must
also be cooked well to destroy the toxins.
It is from cassava that we get tapioca and
I like to use tapioca!!
I don't know the sister in the back bu the
others are from the left:
The sister who owns the compound in which we meet,
he daughter in law and Jane (Brian's mother)
One of the sisters wanted her picture taken.
What a cutie!!
We were finished eating and preparing to leave but the
children were just getting ready to get their lunch.
They ate here - some on the ground and some on the chairs.
A close up view of a mud house that is deteriorating.
The Priesthood leaders of the members in Nyabondo.
They belong to the Kisumu Branch and
some will come to church there
but these three see to the needs and
see that the community FHE is held each week.
We saw a mud furnace to fire brick as we were out and about.
A view of the road we traveled.
No comments:
Post a Comment