Sunday, January 20, 2013

BIRDS

 December 2012
Some birds we have seen.
Most of these were at Dunga Bay
and I have no idea what kind they are.


 
 
 I think this one is an egret.
 





 This nest is the home of a family of birds. 
Right now it is empty waiting for the setting season.
The nest is used many times but the people didn't know if 
it is for the same couple or if a new couple comes each year.
It is very large and is always being added onto.
The entrance in from the bottom so the rains don't do damage 
to the inhabitants. There is usually a snake that lives nearby
that keeps danger away from the nest.

While we were standing near this tree a very small bird
flew by and landed on this nest.
I thought it might be a hummingbird but it was not.
This nest was about 3 inches long.

No comments:

Post a Comment