Our last stop of the day was at the
Karen Blixen Home.
The home was built in 1912 and
Blixen bought it in 1917.
Karen moved here later.
The group of us at the Karen Blixen Museum (Home)
Sister and Elder Knecht and Sister and Elder Gotcher.
Beautiful garden near the side of the home.
The huge sprawling grounds were very lovely.
Pictures were not to be taken in the home so I enjoyed the
pictures of the outside.
Cacti growing in the trees in the backyard.
Karen's lover died when his plane crashed in the
Ngong Hills in the distance and he was buried there.
The back of the home where Karen liked to have her coffee.
Beautiful and full trees.
Two very different trees.
I enjoyed the day and was tired by the end and
we were back at the missionary compound called
"The Nest" in Nairobi.
And Elder Moon was able to get his tooth repaired and
several errands completed while I played!!
No comments:
Post a Comment