Saturday, September 7, 2013

MARY AND UGALI


August 23, 2013
When Sister Mary went up-country to harvest her maize
she asked me if I used maize flour and I do 
so she said she would bring us some from her fresh milled maize.
The time had arrived and she said she would bring it the next day
and I asked if it came with a lesson for making ugali and it did!!
She brought the maize flour straight from the posho mill
so it was very fresh and she stayed for the lesson!!
We also needed to make some fried cabbage salad
because you don;t eat ugali alone!!
Above is the onion, carrots and garlic sauteing for the salad.

Stirring the pot.
Adding the chopped cabbage. And soon we were ready to eat...
We enjoyed a lunch with Sister Mary that was so delicious.
Thank you to sisters who will teach me a new dish!!!!
We can do this alone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment