Tuesday, February 5, 2013

CHRISTMAS 2012

December 25, 2012
Pascal and his sisters came to visit and 
wanted their picture taken.
I gave them a sandwich and juice.
We had already eaten with 
nothing else to feed them. 
They were satisfied.
They had come to town for the 
festivities at the park. Notice they 
have writing on their faces from there.
In keeping with the request of President Broadbent
we had a nice meeting at our home.
We first had a dinner to which everyone contributed.
I fixed some chicken and apple pie and 
the rest of the meal was furnished by the missionaries.
We had a testimony meeting to bear witness
of the Savior's Atonement. It was a good meeting!!
We then watched the First Presidency Christmas Fireside.
Looks like everyone is enjoying the DVD presentation.
Had pie and ice cream then watched the mission DVD of
pictures from the year. Thank you to good senior couples
to keep track of pictures and compiling them for each missionary!
We had the Elders from Busia with us as they are 
part of our zone. It is good to all be together.
Back: Elder Bhala, Elder and Sister Moon, 
Elder Arineitwe, Sister Arach and Sister Kusina
Front: Elder Tsegaye, Elder Huskinson, Elder Shutt, and 
Elder Pienaar.
With our oval table seating only 8 and we had 10
the Elders went to work to bring a table down from
upstairs. If I jad known this I may not have requested them
to find more table space!!
They lowered the table over the walls on a rope!!
Because it would not come down through the door and 
down the stairs!!
This is taking it back up! 
Isn't Elder Moon strong!!
Elder Shutt and Elder Bhala doing the pull up!!
When I went outside and saw this I was shocked.
With NO barrier in front of them with that heavy table!!
Elder Shutt yelleddown, "Sister Moon, we are OK. 
You are just being a mother!!"
Yes, and I didn;t want to tell their mothers they had fallen
from the third story while holding a heavy table on a piece of twine!!

Success. Now just get ot over the short wall!!
A wonderful day with wonderful young people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment