We visit Nyabondo about once a month so we went
again and had a great time there.
We talked about Family Home Evening and
being unified.
After our meeting Brian taught a good
lesson for Institute.
Most of those in attendance outside the building where they meet.
After the meeting and class we go to the home of
father in the compound and have lunch.
The men eat inside and are served by the women.
I go in the building because I am a guest and my
missionary companion is there.
The men on the right are Zadock and Kenneth.
This was taken from the entrance door.
This is the compound of the man on the left.
He is Kenneth's father and is not a member of the Church.
This is the compound of the man on the left.
He is Kenneth's father and is not a member of the Church.
The man on the right is Dennis who also is the
Seminary Teacher.
I sit next to Elder Moon.
The food is good!! Chipatti, chicken in soup, rice,vegetables.
And I was hungry!!
The food is good!! Chipatti, chicken in soup, rice,vegetables.
And I was hungry!!
There are many of these trees with flat tops in Kenya.
I think they are acacia trees.
This is the center of the "town"
This was taken through the wind shield so it isn't the best picture.
Part of the road we travel.
Looking out over the valley. Nyabondo is in the hills
so we can see over a lot of country!!
so we can see over a lot of country!!
Another part of the road and it doesn't show how rough
it really is!!
Visiting on the roadside.
In this area they "mine" rocks. We see many people -
men, women and children at the side of the road
with a small hammer or another rock hitting the rock
to break them into smaller pieces.
We haven't taken any pictures of them so with two men
here we thought we
d stop and get a picture of them working.
There was another boy hitting and this one was just watching
and when we stopped the one working ran away.
This boy came to the truck asking for something.
We told him to work and we would give him something.
He took a few strikes and then came back to the truck
so the picture I got didn't show much work.
I gave him 2 shillings but he didn't want that so
I gave him a piece of candy and he was happy!!
.The road we traveled.
Yes, we did go through the water. It seemed safer!
No comments:
Post a Comment